Wednesday, August 1, 2018

TERMINUS: Shockwave






Terminus: Shockwave Pre-Party

Annual Industrial & Electronic Music Festival

Dicken's Pub, Calgary, AB

4 Whole Days of Mind-Twisting Industrial music!!!
Make this party your new fucking job!!!!


It's Terminus Eve and everyone is polishing up their leather and spines, splashing on some fake blood, and getting all warmed up on the dance-floor for the best fucking party all year!!












Thursday: Pre-Party




Sound check: when you show up REALLY EARLY you get a private show!
It was my privilege to dance for Leatherstrip early Thursday while everyone got set up!
Distorted Perception https://distortedperception780.bandcamp.com
Glass Apple Bonsai (w/ Hello Moth) https://glassapplebonzai.bandcamp.com


Countess Carcass
Lady of the Apocalypse

Unfortunately had to bail for work around 10pm, so I missed out on the rest of this - heard it was fantastic though! Even Slava got up on stage!!!

 






Friday:

TR/ST
IVARDENSPHERE
ORPHX
AUTHOR & PUNISHER
SHIV-R
STREET SECTS
FIRES
RHYTHM OF CRUELTY












Saturday:

MESH
T-Roy from Die Scum Inc.
Up on a ladder & put to work!
FGFC820
BOY HARSHER
ACTORS
KONTRAVOID
DIE SCUM INC

FGFC820

Die Scum Inc.



Unter Null

Sunday:

LEAETHER STRIP
https://leaetherstrip.bandcamp.com/album/world-mol-ster
A fucking KILLER 100 min set!!! With Calgary's own Slava right up on stage for the last song!! (You really rock, Slava!!)
EMPATHY TEST
TREPANERINGSRITUALEN
ESA
SIGSALY
https://sigsaly.bandcamp.com


***More pics coming - still in progress!!


My personal favorites: Leatherstrip (Of course!), Statiqbloom, Hide (Such an inspiring woman!!!), FGFC820, Ivardensphere - but the whole damn festival was really worth experiencing!! It's the most unique and worth-while music experience that Calgary offers!

Reality Shift:

Terminus always shifts my reality drastically and suddenly - last year I became a recording industrial artist literally overnight! (Completed 2 albums in 4 weeks!) This year I was told I was suddenly working for an entirely different company than the one I'd been with for 20 years! And I was also told that due to a lab error I had handled a very dangerous medical sample that was unknown to be so dangerous at the time... so we'll see if the clock's ticking on my brain turning to sponge! (No one would notice the change in me, I'm sure!) AND I got to meet and see so many fucking excellent electronic/industrial artists - that'll shift anyone's reality!!!

Thanks:


Thank you kindly to all the musicians who travelled from all over to come spend the weekend here with us! I am a better person from the experience!

Thanks SO MUCH to Dicken's Pub (Amber & Chris Hewitt) for bringing us these talented musicians and putting so much time, effort, and money into bringing us this life-changing experience every year! I can't wait for the next one!
Start planning your costumes now! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment